SAWS Student Festival
** Festival registration is now full. We have room left only for 2-4 more book 1 cellists. Please email email@example.com if you are the parent of a cellist and we will open the form for you to register. We can also take some requests to be on a waitlist for violinists and violists. There is still room to register for the chamber workshop (for advanced students) and for the graduation concert.
for string students: violin, viola, and cello, Books 1-6*
New NE Seattle Location! We have formed an extended “campus” between the Seattle Waldorf School 2728 NE 100th St, Seattle WA, 98125, and Maple Leaf Lutheran Church 10005 32nd Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98125. Most of the program will take place at the school. These two locations are located 200 yards from each other. The church has ample parking, and we ask that those who are able use their lot and walk down to the school.
- Date: Saturday, October 15
- Time: Classes between 9:00-3:00; graduation concert at 4:00
- Activities: 2 Group Classes, 1 master class, short group play-down at end of day
- Parent/teacher talk by master clinician Edward Kreitman
- Graduation recital at 4:00 PM: Students who participated in the Graduation Program will perform next door at Maple Leaf Lutheran Church 10005 32nd Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98125 (to just participate in the Graduation Concert, click here)
- Masking/COVID requirements: we will follow the policies set forth by our venues. At this time, the Waldorf School requires masking indoors. We will keep you updated.
Detailed Schedule (subject to slight change): Students will have 3 classes and one free hour. Due to the complex nature of scheduling this, we cannot accommodate specific requests as to which hour you get free. We will release the schedule the week of the workshop.
- 8:30-8:45 check in
- 8:45-9:35 Hour 1
- 9:45-10:35 Hour 2
- 10:45-11:30 parent/teacher talk with master clinician, supervised student recess/refresh time available for children whose parents are attending parent talk.
- 11:30-12:30 lunch – please bring your own and clean up any mess. There are indoor and outdoor eating spaces available, and some places to buy a quick lunch nearby.
- 12:30-1:20 Hour 3
- 1:30-2:20 Hour 4
- 2:25-2:45 all-festival play-down/closing ceremony: Gavotte in G Minor, Hunter’s Chorus, Handel’s Chorus from Judas Maccabeus, Twinkle Variation A and Theme in D Major
- 2:45-3:45 Graduation rehearsals (each level will have a rehearsal time with the piano, starting with level 1 and progressing upward)
- 4:00-5:00 Graduation and Chamber Music Concert at Maple Leaf Lutheran Church
** Registration is now full. We have room left only for 2-4 more book 1 cellists. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are the parent of a cellist and we will give you the password to register. There is still room to register for the chamber workshop (for advanced students) and for the graduation concert.
Click Here to Register * * (now only for those on a waitlist who have been given a password)