Student Scholarships: Nine $400 scholarships awarded
Deadline: March 17
We offer 7 $400 scholarships for any Suzuki institute and two additional $400 scholarships for the Japan-Seattle Suzuki institute. Scholarships are for students whose teacher is a member of SAWS. Below are the eligibility requirements for students:
1. Student’s teacher must be a member of SAWS with dues paid in full at the time of application. Student’s teacher must submit a letter of recommendation here.
2. Student must fill out and submit an online application answering all questions in sufficient detail.
3. The student must have a genuine need for ﬁnancial assistance and explain that need in the form below.
4. The Suzuki Institute must be an ofﬁcially recognized SAA institute.
5. First time applicants will receive priority consideration.
6. Student must submit a video or audio recording of themselves performing a polished piece from the Suzuki repertoire. YouTube video recordings are preferred. You can paste the link to your YouTube video in the form or you can mail or email the recording to the address listed. If you are mailing your recording, mark it with the student’s name, the name of the piece and the composer. Recording must be received by March 17. Recording will not be returned. Recipients will be notified by email after the scholarship committee has voted.
If you are mailing your recording, send it to: SAWS Student Scholarship, 728 W. Waverly Pl., Spokane, WA
Email recordings to one of our Scholarship Co-Chairs, Mary Beth Cullitan, email@example.com or Anita Knight, firstname.lastname@example.org Remember to label your recording with the student’s name, piece, and composer.
7. Scan a copy of the music you are playing on your recording and email it to one of our Scholarship Co-Chairs, Mary Beth Cullitan, email@example.com or Anita Knight, firstname.lastname@example.org . Put your name and “SAWS Student Scholarship” in the subject line.
8. Funds will be distributed as a check from SAWS made out to the institute you are applying to attend. Checks cannot be made out to the person requesting the scholarship. Recipients are required to send a confirmation and“Thank you” note to one of the above addresses before funds are distributed.
Selection of Scholarship Recipients
Applications for scholarships are evaluated by the SAWS Scholarship Committee. Applicants must have financial need in order to apply. The recordings will be evaluated on the basis of merit.
Have your teacher submit a Letter of Recommendation here.Student Application