Student Scholarships: Several $400 scholarships awarded
We offer several $400 scholarships for any Suzuki institute and two additional $400 scholarships for the Japan-Seattle Suzuki institute. Scholarships are for students whose teacher is a member of SAWS. Below are the eligibility requirements for students:
1. Student’s teacher must be a member of SAWS with dues paid in full at the time of application. Student’s teacher must submit a letter of recommendation here.
2. Student must fill out and submit an online application answering all questions in sufficient detail.
3. The student must have a genuine need for financial assistance and explain that need in the form below.
4. The Suzuki Institute must be an officially recognized SAA institute.
5. First time applicants will receive priority consideration.
6. Student must submit a video or audio recording of themselves performing a polished piece from the Suzuki repertoire. YouTube video recordings are preferred. You can paste the link of your YouTube video in the form or you can email the YouTube link or mp3 recording to our Scholarship Chairman, Mary Beth Cullitan, email@example.com. Remember to state in the email your student’s name, piece, and composer. Recording must be received by March 15. Recipients will be notified by email after the scholarship committee has voted.
7. Funds will be distributed as a reimbursement check from SAWS after attendance at the festival. We apologies that we can no longer pay the institute fees in advance. After the institute, please forward us a copy of your receipt, stating the amount you paid for the institute, as well as a photo showing evidence that your child attended the institute (e.g. picture of your child at the institute, of his/her schedule, etc.). Please send an email with your receipt and evidence of attendance to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SAWS Student Scholarship” and you child’s name in the subject line.
Selection of Scholarship Recipients
Applications for scholarships are evaluated by the SAWS Scholarship Committee. Applicants must have financial need in order to apply. The recordings will be evaluated on the basis of merit.
Have your teacher submit a Letter of Recommendation here.